Social Media Dos & Don’ts
- Try to post every 2-3 days
- Follow back everyone who follows you
- Respond to and like any comments and replies you get
- Quickly respond to questions
- Be honest
- Be yourself
- Post pictures of your bakes – click here for some tips on taking engaging photos!
- Post pictures/videos of you and your kitchen/the process of your bakes
- Use the platform’s unique features (like Insta stories)
- Block and report suspicious accounts
- Post engaging graphics about products and events
- Post questions, polls, and surveys to engage. Ex: Vanilla extract v almond extract, as a poll in your stories.
- Post too little (once every two months), or too much (10 times a day)
- Ignore your followers
- Catfish or impersonate another person
- Post pictures that aren’t yours
- Disparage other people
- Violate copyright or take people’s intellectual property without permission
- Engage with hateful comments or trolls. Just delete, block, and report.
- Post the same things every day. Avoid repetition.
Greta is a social media strategist, Anthropology major at Barnard, baker, and proud cat parent. They enjoy crocheting and collecting enamel pins. They have a lot of favorite noshes, but right now it is classic vanilla cake.